Technical Health Advisor for Digital Health Programme in Somalia
|Organisation||Nomad Innovation Lab|
|Title||Technical Health Advisor – for Digital Health Program in Somalia|
|Duty Station (City and Country)||Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Expected starting date||1 January 2023|
|Expected duration||12 months – Full time assignment|
Nomadilab is looking to recruit a result-oriented and experienced professional to fill the role of Technical Health Advisor for a Digital Health programme in Somalia. The ideal candidate has good knowledge in digital health systems and has experience in technical development projects and health Information systems. In order to coordinate the development of an integrated digitalised system for Health Information Management in Somalia will require bringing together different actors and stakeholders and thus fluency in Somali and English is required to lead processes and achieve the envisioned results.
This position is based in Somalia. The successful candidate will uphold Nomadilab’s core values, promote the mission and vision, program principles (transparency, gender equality, and diversity) to enhance the health programme.
- Responsible for coordination of the local activities on the Digital Health Programme for Somalia in close consultation with the SPIDER and Nomadilab Programme Managers, reporting to the Head of Digital Health Programme at SPIDER.
- Support the Ministry of Health Somalia with technical advice on the Health Information System.
- Work with federal HMIS Managers and state HMIS Managers (Banaadir, Galmudug, Puntland) to ensure coordination and alignment of HADDA with the overall Health Information System work in the country.
- Maintain coordination and communication between SPIDER, partner organisations, and MoH for ensuring that activities are implemented in line with planned activities and expected outcomes.
- Responsible for planning, executing and reporting minutes from the Technical Coordination Committee with support from implementing partners.
- Monitor project performance and ensure timely submission of work plans, reporting, and update on project’s progress.
- Provide input into weekly, monthly, and annual reports for both internal and external purposes.
- Work with Programme Manager to ensure timely implementation of activities and budget and advice on corrective measures.
- Attend meetings and build networks and partnerships with like-minded organisations for the overall enhancement of the project.
Additional tasks consist of preparation and management of agreements and evaluation of potential partnerships. A substantial part of the role consists of internal and external communication. The role will require regular travel to East Africa.
Education and Experience
- Documented experience managing Health Information Management Systems.
- Higher academic degree or equivalent experience acquired in a relevant field, e.g. Global Health, public health and good understanding of global digital development.
- Extensive knowledge on health system and health system strengthening, especially as it relates to maternal and child health.
- Experience from project management and strategic work is a requirement.
- Documented experience of work in East Africa is essential.
- Documented experience of project coordination and result follow up.
- Extensive knowledge within the topic of equality and equity as it relates to public health and digital development.
- Well planned and organised even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great communication skills and experience of PR is of merit.
- Good understanding of cultural and societal structures and health system in Somalia.
The role demands a high level of flexibility and extensive health system knowledge.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Somali is required
- Contract length: 12-months renewable depending on performance and funding.
- Designation of Duty Stations: Mogadishu
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Nomadilab’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
Nomadilab strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all.
How to apply
If you think you meet the job specification, please send your CVs/Resume and motivation letter (specifying your achievements and why you think you are the right person for this position to email@example.com not later than 31st December 2022. Please put Technical Health Advisor in the subject line of your email. Because of the urgency of this position, we will review the applications regularly as we receive applications. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.