Software Testing Engineer
The Health Alliance for Digital Development and Action (HADDA) is a programme that aims at strengthening Somalia’s digital health information system. This will provide the Ministry of Health with sound and reliable information that will be the basis for decision making at Federal and Member State levels and provide critical input for the development partners to prioritise their health strengthening interventions based on evidence. Based on the findings and recommendations from HIS assessment, HADDA will focus on digitalisation of HMIS tools of selected health facilities and strengthening a stewardship and governance capacity of the Ministries of Health in managing the digitalised health information system.
The HADDA programme will:
- Develop Health Information Management system in selected maternal and child health facilities in Banaadir, Galmudug and Puntland to improve data quality for decision making at national, regional and local level in Somalia
- Integrate the HMIS system with the District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2), the chosen platform to unify all national public health data.
- Strengthen capacity for Somalia to digitalise health data in a way that also develops the capacity of health sector professionals
- Produce evidence and track progress in the selected health clinics that will inform the further development of Somalia’s health system to cover other programme areas and regions
- Strengthen cross-sector collaboration for Somalia’s health strategy and service delivery for improved public health.
Nomadilab are seeking a highly motivated Software Testing Engineer to join our team. The Software Testing Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our software products by designing, executing, and maintaining test plans and cases. The ideal candidate will have experience in manual and automated testing methods, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and have excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Contribute to the development and configuration of the Bahmni solution.
- Participate in the design, development, testing, and maintenance of Bahmni configurations.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure that the solution is integrated and configured properly.
- Document technical specifications and processes related to the Bahmni configuration.
- Communicate progress, risks, and issues to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that the solution meets quality and performance standards.
- Keep up-to-date with new developments in the Bahmni solution and industry best practices.
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases, and test scripts for software applications
- Perform manual testing and automated testing, as necessary
- Identify, report, and track defects and issues through resolution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, project managers, and business analysts, to ensure software quality and usability
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews to ensure testability and quality of software products
- Continuously improve the testing process by implementing best practices, tools, and techniques
- Communicate test results and provide recommendations for improvement to project stakeholders
- Manage test environments, including hardware and software configurations, to ensure accurate testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Experience with automated testing tools, such as Selenium, Appium, or similar
- Experience with defect tracking systems, such as JIRA or similar
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Knowledge of open-source healthcare information systems, including OpenMRS and Bahmni.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Somali is required
- Contract length: 6 months renewable depending on performance and funding.
- Designation of Duty Stations: Mogadishu
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Nomadilab’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
Nomadilab strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all.
How to apply
If you think you meet the job specification, please send your CVs/Resume and motivation letter (specifying your achievements and why you think you are the right person for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th June 2023. Please put Software Developer in the subject line of your email. Because of the urgency of this position, we will review the applications regularly as we receive applications. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.