The Health Alliance for Digital Development and Action (HADDA) is a program that aims at strengthening Somalia’s digital health information system. This will provide the Ministry of Health with sound and reliable information that will be the basis for decision-making at Federal and Member State levels and provide critical input for the development partners to prioritize their health-strengthening interventions based on evidence. Based on the findings and recommendations from HIS assessment, HADDA will focus on the digitalization of HMIS tools of selected health facilities and strengthening the stewardship and governance capacity of the Ministries of Health in managing the digitalized health information system.
The HADDA program will:
- Develop a Health Information Management system in selected maternal and child health facilities in Banaadir, Galmudug and Puntland to improve data quality for decision-making at the national, regional, and local levels in Somalia
- Integrate the HMIS system with the District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2), the chosen platform to unify all national public health data.
- Strengthen the capacity for Somalia to digitalize health data in a way that also develops the capacity of health sector professionals
- Produce evidence and track progress in the selected health clinics that will inform the further development of Somalia’s health system to cover other program areas and regions
- Strengthen cross-sector collaboration for Somalia’s health strategy and service delivery for improved public health.
Nomadilab is seeking an Application Developer to join the team and contribute to the development and configuration of the Bahmni solution..
- Contribute to the development and configuration of the Bahmni solution.
- Participate in the design, development, testing, and maintenance of Bahmni configurations.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure that the solution is integrated and configured properly.
- Document technical specifications and processes related to the Bahmni configuration.
- Communicate progress, risks, and issues to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that the solution meets quality and performance standards.
- Keep up-to-date with new developments in the Bahmni solution and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of open-source healthcare information systems, including OpenMRS and Bahmni.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in written and oral English and Somali is required
- Contract length: 6 months renewable depending on performance and funding.
- Designation of Duty Stations: Mogadishu
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Nomadilab’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
Nomadilab strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all.
How to apply
If you think you meet the job specification, please send your CVs/Resume and motivation letter (specifying your achievements and why you think you are the right person for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th June 2023. Please put Software Developer in the subject line of your email. Because of the urgency of this position, we will review the applications regularly as we receive applications. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.