Project Manager for Digital Health Program in Somalia
|Organization||Nomad Innovation Lab|
|Title||Project Manager – for Digital Health Program in Somalia|
|Duty Station (City and Country)||Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Expected starting date||1 January 2023|
|Expected duration||12 months – Full time assignment|
Overall purpose of the role:
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for providing overall supervision of the implementation of Electronic Health Records (EHR). The PM serves as the lead in providing leadership, guidance, and quality assurance for the effective and efficient implementation, supervision, management and reporting of the project. The PM supervises the project staff in day-to-day management of all aspects of the project and liaises with relevant partners and project stakeholders. S/he is expected to meet and exceed the organization’s performance and delivery goals.
The position will be based in Mogadishu, Somalia, with frequent travel to project sites, including Puntland and Galmudug. S/he might also be traveling outside the country as needed. The PM will be under the guidance of the Digital Health program managers.
- Develops and continually updates, project implementation plans, project roadmap and product backlog. Develops work breakdown structures based on the project objectives and scope. Ensures the system implementation methodology is adhered to.
- Leads Work stream Project Status Reporting: Prepares status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, and critical issues to the Program Managers
- Ensure that quality of work packages and deliverables comply with the quality requirements defined in the Implementation Plan.
- Performs Project Resource Management for Assigned Work streams: Monitors project resource requirements and staff assignments. Checks for staff availability. Updates the project plan with work assignments.
- Conducts Risk Management: Maintains documentation for identified risks and mitigation strategies. Proactively gathers and updates risk status and documentation as needed.
- Works with project partners to analyze expectations for projects based upon approved project requirements.
- Prepare payment requests and necessary supporting documents (financial forecasts and/or Project Delivery Reports) for submittal in accordance with project agreements.
- Provides Overall Project Administration: Participates in program team meetings, proactively documents meeting minutes, track issues, decisions and action items, and follow-up between meetings to drive issues to closure.
- Performs Scrum Master Role: Facilitates work within the agile project management tool, removes impediments and facilitates scrum meetings.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience acquired in a relevant field, e.g. In Health Information Management Systems or related fields will be given due consideration.
- Four or more years of experience related to IT systems implementation and operations project management, in Health Information Management Systems like Electronic Health Records (EHR) related experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile Project Management practices and/or program management certification (PMP, CSM, CSPO, SAFe) is highly preferred. Consistent track record leading projects and delivering against commitments and timelines.
- Experience in post-conflict/ fragile environments is desirable.
- Experience in managing multicultural teams is desirable.
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record of applying program management principles, practices and techniques with a strong results orientation in fragile and conflict-affected contexts.
- Experience with Agile project management practices will be preferred.
- Experience using project management software tools, such as Jira, MS Azure DevOps and MS Project to effectively lead, manage, monitor and control project activities.
- Independent and resourceful – able to identify unique solutions to tackle complex challenges with limited guidance.
- Excellent skills in productivity software (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and other tools) and experience crafting high-quality work products. Ability to lead project team members in line with the goals of the individual project. Encourages and facilitates cooperation, results orientation and collaboration within the team.
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability for rapid analysis of complex issues, strong decision-making, and translation of programmatic priorities into operational strategies.
- Excellent human resource management skills, interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and ease in managing a multicultural team.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Somali is required
- Contract length: 12-months renewable depending on performance and funding.
- Designation of Duty Stations: Mogadishu
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Nomadilab’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
Nomadilab strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all.
How to apply
If you think you meet the job specification, please send your CVs/Resume and motivation letter (specifying your achievements and why you think you are the right person for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 31st December 2022. Please put Project Manager in the subject line of your email. Because of the urgency of this position, we will review the applications regularly as we receive applications. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.