Finance and Administration Officer
|Organization||Nomad Innovation Lab|
|Title||Finance and Administration Officer|
|Duty Station (City and Country)||Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Expected starting date||1 January 2023|
|Expected duration||12 months – Full time assignment|
Overall purpose of the role:
Nomad Innovation Lab is currently looking for a qualified and motivated Finance and Administration Officer. As Finance and Administration Officer, you will perform all tasks related to the wider scope of finance and administration. The position will be based in Mogadishu, Somalia with frequent travel to project sites in Puntland and Galmudug. The Finance and Administration Officer will be under the guidance of the Digital Health project and program managers. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Processes invoices, advance requests, project expenditure reports, prepares and process payment requests accordingly.
- Performs bank reconciliations and handles the petty cash fund, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and facilitates monthly financial closures in accordance with office and institutional requirements
- Assist with the preparation of Nomadilab’s master budget and project budget proposals.
- Implement financial SOPs, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare and reconcile cash and bank statements.
- Ensure data and transactions are properly recorded and entered into the Nomadilab financial reporting systems.
- Assist with annual/donor project audit, and provide supporting documentation, when needed.
- Maintain financial files and records in accordance with Nomadilab’s global guidelines and local requirements.
- Filing, scanning, and sending monthly financial documents to the country office.
- In close cooperation with the local team, prepare and submit fund requests to HQ to ensure sufficient funds are available for costs on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly cash requests and prepare weekly cash reports.
- Carry out cash and bank transactions for field offices.
- Cash Book registry update on a daily basis, and cash count on a weekly, and monthly basis with the Field coordinator or the project manager.
- Support staff in raising travel requests, expense reports & cash advances in line with Nomadilab Policy.
- Ensuring correct use of accounting distributions, categories, and Per Diem rates.
- Verify expense supporting documentation prior to posting & paying expenses.
- Follow up on workers’ contracts, payments according to attendance, and any other related admin tasks.
- When required, provide translation of documents (rental lease, staff announcements, scope of work).
- Support project manager to organize staff/consultants induction and orientation and ensure that staff is fully aware of the admin procedures.
- Ensure that Nomadilab facilities, assets, and services are appropriately maintained, including office, IT, and internet.
- Conduct duties in accordance with Nomadilab Code of Conduct and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Education and Experience
- University degree in business, financial management or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum two (2) years of progressive responsibility in supporting Accounting, Finance, Administration and Grant Management functions.
- Full or part professional qualifications in finance and accounting,
- Knowledge of award and contract regulations and reporting requirements of EU and/or other major donors advantageous.
- Experience in working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package (including MS Work, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet is required;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as part of a team to achieve joint objectives in a multicultural context.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Somali is required
- Contract length: 12 months renewable depending on performance and funding.
- Designation of Duty Stations: Mogadishu
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Nomadilab’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
Nomadilab strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all.
How to apply:
If you think you meet the job specification, please send your CVs/Resume and motivation letter (specifying your achievements and why you think you are the right person for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 31st December 2022. Please put Finance and Administration Officer in the subject line of your email. Because of the urgency of this position, we will review the applications regularly as we receive applications. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.